[Despite how late this is, the package will arrive only a few short days after Ales arrival.
It's all wrapped up in simple paper, and inside are two pairs of mittens and a scarf that all have been custom tailored for Ales peculiar frame.]
Wiinter can be pretty cold and II've already giiven everyone el2e 2omethiing 2o plea2e don't try to pull that "bluh bluh why am II beiing giiven anythiing" 2hiit.
II don't care.
Ju2t take the fuckiing thiing2.
-Xanthou2
[It has been his experience nobody in this place knows how to handle getting things and it's probably not fair to take his annoyance at everyone else out on Ales but, well, he is Tired.]
[Ales will find a drawing in his mailbox, left by Eliza the night of Christmas Eve. It's a simple drawing of him, although she has added a smile to his face. She's signed it and written "Merry Christmas!" on said drawing as well.]
[John has a backpack filled to the brim with different-colored crystals. Maybe he's gone overboard, but in addition to the gun, he does have another interesting challenge to overcome and could use the little blue inventor's help with. Mary also seems to like the creature, so John's going to try to get on his good side.
He knocks smartly on the Teensy's door and waits until it's answered.]
All right, mate? I owe you some crystals for a trade.
[So demanding. John pulls off his pack and sets it on the ground, opening it up. There are blue, yellow, orange, and red crystals. Thirty of them in total. The pack is magicked to make them weightless while in the bag, at least.]
There from the islands. Haven't got up to the mountains to see what might be there. I think we said ten crystals, but I've got something else in mind I could use some help with if you'd like the lot.
Ha ha! [Ales jams his hands into the pack to grab two crystals and hold them to his face.] Perfect! Incredible! Stupendous! You went above and beyond my expectations!
[Well, all right. That brings a smile to John's face. He doesn't often get complimented like that, and he perks up a little bit for the praise.]
There'll be more to come, I can guarantee that. Especially if you can help me make a window that the worlds most powerful super soldier can't break through. I've got a bit of a bet on with Bucky. He always comes in my bedroom window when it's for a visit. He doesn't think I can make a Bucky-proof window without Zephyr's help. Wasn't Zephyr I was thinking of when he mentioned it, though. It was you.
[Sure, he'll go for buttering the little blue man up a bit to grease the wheels here.]
I like the one-way idea. [Give him some bloody privacy.] And Bucky's... he's stronger than any human you're ever met. He could probably break a giant bolder into pieces by punching it. He does only have one arm at the mo., but he's versatile.]
So, essentially test it bu dropping a large rock from a high distance and seeing if it shatters. [A simple setup, if crude.] And how large must this window be? Bigger sheets of glass are more difficult to reinforce entirely.
Right. So, does that seem doable? I don't think it's too big. Need to make sure the frame for it's solid, too. I don't want him being able to just work the glass out of the panes.
Brilliant! [Yes, good. He's going to beat Bucky at his own game.] Are there any special materials you'll need for it? Or are the crystals for all that? Happy to fetch anything else.
I could use the crystals as base material, but I'll have to run some tests on their durability. Whiiich will mark up their price, which I can make up for by removing the one-way viewing feature.
[Deal.]
Sadly, I have lost my alchemy powers, unless I request for their return and create the special materials on my own.
[A wonderful trade that started with John providing a surplus and ended with him still owing more.]
Lovely doing business with you, Mr. Ales. I'll see about getting your extra crystals in a week or two. I was planning a trip to the mountains, anyway. Can pick some up along the way back.
I'll leave you to it. When should I come 'round to pick up my rifle?
[Ales waves John from the doorway, clutching the bag of crystals like his children. Precious children. The start of his reign in the Meadous. A tale of a Teensie's comeback to glory.
[Eliza sends Ales a very elaborately folded note with writing saying "Open me!" written on it. If he does, inside is as detailed a drawing of the Soul Eater sun and moon as she can make it.]
no subject
Date: 2017-12-22 12:35 am (UTC)It's all wrapped up in simple paper, and inside are two pairs of mittens and a scarf that all have been custom tailored for Ales peculiar frame.]
Wiinter can be pretty cold and II've already giiven everyone el2e 2omethiing 2o plea2e don't try to pull that "bluh bluh why am II beiing giiven anythiing" 2hiit.
II don't care.
Ju2t take the fuckiing thiing2.
-Xanthou2
[It has been his experience nobody in this place knows how to handle getting things and it's probably not fair to take his annoyance at everyone else out on Ales but, well, he is Tired.]
no subject
Date: 2017-12-27 04:32 am (UTC)[action] (a little while after the island trip)
Date: 2018-09-26 03:54 am (UTC)He knocks smartly on the Teensy's door and waits until it's answered.]
All right, mate? I owe you some crystals for a trade.
no subject
Date: 2018-09-28 01:06 am (UTC)Really? From where? Show me, show me!
[The childish glee is difficult to hold back.]
no subject
Date: 2018-09-28 09:23 pm (UTC)There from the islands. Haven't got up to the mountains to see what might be there. I think we said ten crystals, but I've got something else in mind I could use some help with if you'd like the lot.
no subject
Date: 2018-10-01 01:00 am (UTC)[Oh, right. That other matter.]
Now what were you thinking of in return?
... they're, not there* /facepalms
Date: 2018-10-02 05:59 am (UTC)There'll be more to come, I can guarantee that. Especially if you can help me make a window that the worlds most powerful super soldier can't break through. I've got a bit of a bet on with Bucky. He always comes in my bedroom window when it's for a visit. He doesn't think I can make a Bucky-proof window without Zephyr's help. Wasn't Zephyr I was thinking of when he mentioned it, though. It was you.
[Sure, he'll go for buttering the little blue man up a bit to grease the wheels here.]
no subject
Date: 2018-10-03 02:41 am (UTC)[He will require hours and hours of lab work, but even the failed specimens can be used for something.]
Though I will require plenty of testing. How strong is this Bucky?
no subject
Date: 2018-10-03 04:11 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2018-10-06 05:19 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2018-10-06 10:41 pm (UTC)[A pause.]
Mm... do you use feet for measurement?
no subject
Date: 2018-10-09 12:47 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2018-10-09 04:47 am (UTC)Right. So, does that seem doable? I don't think it's too big. Need to make sure the frame for it's solid, too. I don't want him being able to just work the glass out of the panes.
no subject
Date: 2018-10-10 02:59 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2018-10-11 03:28 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2018-10-13 03:50 pm (UTC)[Deal.]
Sadly, I have lost my alchemy powers, unless I request for their return and create the special materials on my own.
no subject
Date: 2018-10-14 07:10 pm (UTC)I could get you more crystals if you'll keep the one-way feature? How many more are we talking about?
[He's been planning that trip to the mountains, anyway.]
no subject
Date: 2018-10-15 12:09 am (UTC)[A rudimentary plot, but it will have to do. There is no code of scientific method that Zephyr requires him to follow.]
But other than that, this is all I ask for. Isn't this a wonderful trade?
no subject
Date: 2018-10-16 05:40 am (UTC)Lovely doing business with you, Mr. Ales. I'll see about getting your extra crystals in a week or two. I was planning a trip to the mountains, anyway. Can pick some up along the way back.
I'll leave you to it. When should I come 'round to pick up my rifle?
no subject
Date: 2018-10-17 01:03 am (UTC)Oh, that? [Right, the other thing he had on his list.]
I say it should be ready by the time you come back, provided nothing dramatic happens to me while you're gone. [Who can say?]
Heading out now?
no subject
Date: 2018-10-18 03:26 pm (UTC)Thanks, Ales. Hope nothing dramatic happens to you.
no subject
Date: 2018-10-18 11:55 pm (UTC)He shuts the door.]
no subject
Date: 2018-10-18 01:49 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2018-10-18 11:43 pm (UTC)